“How is it, that someone can make decision after decision attempting to get away from their past and somehow end up right back where they started?” When Brenna decided to leave the only life she’d ever known, she never thought she’d ever be back. Now, five years later she’s running from her clean cut husband straight back to the motorcycle club that raised her… and the man she left behind. She left with a secret, and as soon as she returns the truth will break her carefully constructed life wide open.
I tend to love MC books, so I saw this and decided to give it a try. Brenna, daughter to the VP of an MC club, left home five years ago with visions of a “normal” life with a clean cut husband. She’d had a one night stand with Dragon, an MC member, and ended up pregnant with his child. She left, met and married Tony, and her life went downhill because Tony was an abuser. I was somewhat disappointed. Here’s why:
- Women were referred to as “bitches”. Most MC books refer to them as Old Lady’s. Had a real problem with that.
- Brenna left the MC 5 years ago. That fact was mentioned 62 times throughout the book. 62 times!!!!!
- Brenna’s drama – it lasted throughout the entire book. It got very old.
- The domestic violence was very graphic and over the top.
- Character names (Poet, Trix). I hate stupid names.
I did like Dragon though. He was deceived by Brenna in the worst way possible and able to forgive. Some elements of this book were not very believable either. Overall, I was disappointed and won’t read on.