Top Ten Tuesday is a product of the Broke and the Bookish book blog.
My top 10 favorite Authors of All Time in No Order (except #1 – my all time fave)
1. Michael Crichton. Michael Crichton is the king of all fiction in my eyes. The man that gave us Jurassic Park, Congo, The Andromeda Strain and my favorite book of all time can do no wrong. Sadly, he has passed and we can’t read more of his work, but if you like a good thriller, pick up any book by MC.
Favorite Book by Michael Crichton: Sphere
2. Janet Evanovich. Though her books of late are complete shit and I haven’t read the most recent Stephanie Plum, the first 18 or so were pure gold and such fun books to read. Morelli is one of my favorite characters of all time – not sure why he isn’t Stephanie’s (she’s an idiot).
Favorite Book by Janet Evanovich: Twelve Sharp
3. Dan Brown. I love Dan Brown because he makes you think. Could Jesus truly have been married to Mary Magdalene? Of course not, but it’s fun to think about. Dan Brown takes historical events and puts interesting spins on them. His books make you feel and think, which I love.
Favorite Book by Dan Brown: Deception Point
4. Belle Aurora. Belle Aurora writes some amazing characters. Her Friend-Zoned series is one of the funniest series I’ve ever read, with the most likable characters. She can also write gritty, as she proved with Raw, which was just amazing.
Favorite Book by Belle Aurora: Friend-Zoned
5. Kristen Proby. Kristen Proby writes amazing alpha males, whom I happen to be quite fond of. The Montgomery brothers are some of my all time favorites, and I liked her series set in Montana.
Favorite Book by Kristen Proby: Tied With Me
6. Kristen Ashley. Kristen Ashley is one hell of an alpha male author. So many great AM’s have come out of her. Her Rock Chick series is hands down my favorite book series of all time. Some of her other series aren’t great. but the Mystery Man, Rock Chick and Colorado Mountain series are worth the read.
Favorite Book by Kristen Ashley: Rock Chick
7. Harlen Coben. Myron Bolitar is one of the greatest characters ever, and his best friend Win – oh Win. This is a great series and highly worth reading. I just wish he’d write more. I’ve read a few of his stand alones as well.
Favorite Book by Harlen Coben: Drop Shot
8. Chelsea Cain. Chelsea Cain is one sick SOB, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Her character, Gretchen Lowell, is one of the sickest, most demented characters ever – a female serial killer, yet YOU FEEL FOR HER. How is that possible? Because Chelsea Cain is a genius.
Favorite Book by Chelsea Cain: Heartsick
9. Robert Crais. Robert Crais may have written one of the most badass guys ever – Joe Pike. Joe is retired LA cop who takes shit from no one and is tough as nails. He is a great guy, as is his best friend (and star of several books) Elvis Cole. Good mysteries.
Favorite Book by Robert Crais: The First Rule
10. Kristin Hannah. Kristin Hannah writes stories for women, that will pull at your heart strings and make you feel things. Her book Firefly Lane is one of the best books I’ve ever read. If you like chick-lit, you’ll love Kristin Hannah.
Favorite Book by Kristin Hannah: Winter Garden