Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog.
I apologize for my recent absence, was on vacation and honestly had cell service and internet that was non-existent (and I was in central Indiana!!).
This week is the Top Ten Hyped Books I Haven’t Read.
1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. I read 6 pages in the first book and quit. Just not for me.
2. Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. Don’t really care for period stuff, so this is a skip for me.
3. Game of Thrones Series by George R.R. Martin. Again, period piece. No thanks.
4. Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger. I was supposed to read this in HS and didn’t. No interest.
5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I tried reading this, but the translation made it hard, then I heard about the rape scene and that totally turned me off.
6. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Tried. Couldn’t stand either character.
7. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien. Period + Sci-Fi = me not interested.
8. The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. I tried this book a while ago, but given my new interest in true crime (thank you Serial), I may try this one again.
9. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Just has never appealed to me.
10. The Maze Runner by James Dashner. My love of dystopian began and ended with the Hunger Games.