Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish blog. This weeks’ theme is Bookworm Delights. I struggled with this one, mostly because I don’t read paper books anymore, but here is my list, in no particular order.
- Having characters from previous series show up in the series you’re reading. This happens a lot with authors like Kristen Ashley and Kristen Proby and I just love it. Makes me smile every time.
- Finding that book you’ve been looking to read for a long time. As an e-book reader, sometimes it’s hard to find the book you really want, so it’s a real treat when you finally find it!!
- Finding new books/authors from blogs you follow.
- Finding a book that sticks with you for a while after you read it.
- Having a book with me all the time. Even if I forget my kindle, I have my kindle app on my phone, so I always have something to read.
- Having a friend enjoy a book I recommend. Such a great feeling.
- Debates with friends when they have a different opinion on a book. Classic example – I hated the follow up to Nine Minutes, and my friends loved it. Made for some fun conversations.
- Going into my friend list on goodreads to see what my friends are reading. Also a good way to find new books/authors.
- Going into the “New Releases” section on goodreads to see what’s coming out. I do this every month and I love it!
- Getting lost in a book. Sometimes it’s fun to forget about all the stress of real life and get lost in fantasy.
What are your bookworm delights?