The Liebster Award
Hey everyone! I’ve got some good news! I have been nominated for the The Liebster Award by the amazing Travelling Through Words. Thank you so much for nominating me! I started this blog as a hobby and never expected anyone to read it, so thank you.
The Liebster Award is a way to support and bring recognition to each other’s blogs.
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget” (the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post).
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a count that lets the readers know this information)
- Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer
- List these rules in your post (copy and paste from here). Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Questions from Travelling Through Words
- What do you love the most about books? I love getting lost in other worlds. My life is a crazy rush of work and being a mom, so sometimes it’s fun to lose myself in an imaginary world where all the men look like Joe Manganiello.
- Name a book character you would like to be.
- What is your biggest bookish pet peeve? Spelling and grammatical errors. They make me crazy.
- What is your favorite stand-alone book? Sphere by Michael Crichton.
- What is your favorite movie of all time? The Godfather Part 2. I love watching Michael’s character change over the course of the two movies.
- Name a book you hate the most. Wow, this is a hard one. I really don’t know. I hated The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. Yeah, the Jungle.
- Name a book that influenced you. I don’t have a book that influenced me, but the movie “It’s a Wonderful Life” changed my life in a very positive way.
- Name a genre that you never read from. Horror. I hate horror.
- What is your dream job? Elementary school teacher.
- Name a book that you hate to love. Wow, another hard question. I’d have to say Twilight. So bad it’s embarrassing.
- Why did you start a blog? I had been busy for three years chairing a fundraiser, and felt like I needed a new hobby. I really only started the blog for myself, but it makes me really happy that other’s read it.
Random Facts About Me
- I’m a huge sports fan. My favorite sports are hockey and football
- I’ve lived in Chicago my entire life.
- My favorite movie is The Godfather Part 2
- I have two dogs, both mutts
- I love the Dallas Cowboys
- I’m a baseball mom
- Minions are my favorite cartoon people
- I’ve never been to a professional hockey game
- I haven’t eaten ribs since I was 7
- I have an Italian last name, but my kids are mostly Irish
- Art & Soul
- Lauren’s Reading Obsession
- Bookish Sya
- Kelly’s Rambles
- Raeleigh Reads
- The Reading Belle
- Rants & Raves of a Bibliophile
- Hello Beautiful Book Blog
- What do you love the most about books?
- What is your favorite book genre?
- What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
- What is your favorite book ?
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- Name an author you always read.
- Name a book that influenced you.
- Name a genre that you never read from.
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Do you listen to podcasts? If yes, which is your favorite?
- Why did you start a blog?
There you go. I’ve found a few new blogs since my nomination, which is always fun! I hope you’ll participate and find some new blogs as well.