Welcome to my first monthly wrap-up. I’ve done a few reading wrap-ups in the past, but this month, I’m going to include TV and podcasts as well.
I read 8 books in June, which is actually way more than I thought I read. Books I read were:
- Charged by Jay Crownover. See my review here. 4 stars.
- Mackenzie Fire by Elle Casey. See the review here. 4 stars.
- Grin & Beard it by Penny Reid. See my review here. 4 stars
- Ryker by Megan O’Brien. See my review here. 3 1/2 stars
- Wrong Number, Right Guy by Elle Casey. Review here. 1 1/2 stars
- Sway by Adriana Locke. See my review here. 4 stars
- Easy Kisses by Kristen Proby. Review here.. 4 stars
- Crave by Megan O’Brien. My review is here. 4 stars
Sadly, the sixth season of Game of Thrones has come to an end, but what an ending it was!! The last two episodes of the season were some of the best episodes of television I’ve ever seen. I’ve joked that GOT must have a salary cap because there was some major carnage in the end.
Veep finished it’s 5th season as well. I didn’t find this season as funny as others, but this is still a solid show.
Thanks to a recommendation from a podcast, I binged The Killing on Netflix, which was originally an AMC series that ended on a cliffhanger (thank you Netflix for airing a final season). You can see my review for The Killing here.
I discovered a new podcast lately that I enjoy called True Crime Garage. It’s two guys in a garage, drinking a “beer of the week” (which is usually from the area of the case they are discussing) and talking true crime. Some of the cases I’d never heard of, which I found interesting.
I also started listening to Untold: The Daniel Morgan story, about an unsolved murder mystery in the UK. Very interesting story.
I didn’t see many movies in June – summer is busy.
What did you read, watch or listen to in June?