He’s a single dad, and he needs a lady. I massage naked guys for a living, but it’s strictly business. As a physical therapist, I get my hands on the hottest guys in sports, but I’m a professional. I have rules.
And I’m *this* close to breaking every one of them. It’s all his fault: Austin “The Champ” Sherwood, the gorgeous football god. He’s most valuable on the field, and most desired in the bedroom. He’s my obnoxious patient. I hate him. I want him. But we’re forced together as he’s recovering from a season-ending injury. Rejecting him should be easy. I shouldn’t want to date a client, but my heart melts when I see him with his baby daughter. A football god who’s not a player? He’s a dream-come-true, but I can’t date him. Our forbidden romance could get me fired.
But what will we lose if we walk away?
2 out of 5 stars
I really wanted to like this book. The story of a hot football player, who is a single dad. Um, yes please! Here are some of the many reasons this book didn’t work and I will warn you there are SPOILERS ahead.
- Gage hardly spends ANY time with his daughter. When he does, he acts like it’s an inconvenience.
- Chloe. She’s a horrible heroine. She’s whiny and super annoying. I didn’t like her at all.
- The whole boob-pic on the jumbo-tron. Chloe takes a boob pic and someone steals it off her phone and puts it on the jumbo-tron at the football stadium. REALLY? Where in the hell would this ever happen? And it’s a boob pic. How would you know whose boob it is? This entire storyline was ludicrous and stupid.
- The absolute lack of football. This books is about a football player, but there is no football talked about. Everything was in the locker room.
- The attitude of the men Chloe worked with. Why would someone work with a group of sexist assholes? Chloe hated the guy she worked with and felt she was discriminated against because of her gender. Find a job on the private side.
- The summary from goodreads is longer than the book. Seriously, this book ended at 37%. Is it a novella?
Very disappointing book. I would not recommend this.