Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The ladies are on vacation this week, and we were told we could do whatever we’d like, and I’m doing a freebie!!! My topic for this week is:
Top Ten favorite episodes of The Office (US)
I finished watching the Office for the 50th time. I LOVE this show – it is one of my all time favorites, so it’s appropriate to do this for my TTT this week.
10. Booze Cruise – Season 2, Episode 11. Michael takes the office on a cruise in the middle of winter, and acts like a giant a-hole trying to be the captain. My favorite part of this episode focuses on Pam and Jim – Roy finally decides to set a wedding date with Pam; the look of pain on Jim’s face is heartbreaking. Jim also admits to Michael that he has a crush on Pam. Also, Dwight thinks he steering the ship – it’s just a wooden wheel:)
9. Goodbye, Toby – Season 4, Episodes 18 & 19. In the season 4 finale, Toby is moving to Costa Rica (after realizing Pam and Jim are for real). The party planning committee gets to work on a party – which Michael makes even bigger once he meets Toby’s replacement – Holly Flax – his soulmate (in his mind). Meanwhile, Jim wants to propose to Pam, but his thunder is stolen by Andy, who decides to propose to Angela.
8. The Finale – Season 9, Episodes 24&25. There have been some really bad finales for long-running shows, but the finale of the Office really was great. Lots of story lines were addressed – closure for Jim and Pam, Dwight and Angela’s wedding, Erin meets her bio parents. It was such a satisfying ending. Just awesome. I’ve watched it about 75 times.
7. Beach Games – Season 3, Episode 23. Michael has applied for a job at corporate that he is convinced he is going to get, so he takes the office to the beach for a series of games to determine who would be the best replacement. Again, a Jim and Pam episode – Pam finally admits to Jim that she called off her wedding to Roy because of Jim and they become friends again. Overall just a funny episode.
6. Gay Witch Hunt – Season 3, Episode 1. Jim has transferred to Stamford and Pam is missing him. Michael accidentally outs Oscar and absolute hilarity ensues. The last five minutes with make you laugh and cringe at the same time.
5. The Duel – Season 5, Episode 12. Angela is engaged to Andy, but has been sleeping with Dwight – something the entire office knows – except Andy. Once Andy finds out, he confronts Dwight, who challenges Andy to a duel. Really funny yet sad episode.
4. Garage Sale – Season 7, Episode 19. Michael finally lands the girl of his dreams, in one of the sweetest episodes of the Office ever. At the end of the day, Michael just wanted love and in this episode, he finally got it. Also, Jim plays on a great prank on Dwight in this episode.
3. Casino Night – Season 2, Episode 22. The office hosts a casino night in the warehouse. Jim finally tells Pam that he is in love with her, but she tells him she is still going to marry Roy. You wanted Jim and Pam to happen so badly, and the hurt on Jim’s face was unbearable. Can you tell I love Jim and Pam?
2. Niagra Part 2 – Season 6, Episode 5. Jim and Pam’s wedding day! If you didn’t love Jim before this episode, this would cement it for you. He is the most awesome guy. Their wedding was very Jim and Pam and really just perfect.1.
1. Fun Run – Season 4, Episodes 1 and 2. The episode begins with Michael hitting Meredith with his car. He breaks her pelvis, but it comes to light that she has rabies, so Michael organizes a Fun Run for Rabies research (despite the fact that Rabies is curable). We also discover that Pam and Jim are dating (yeah!!). Very funny episode.
What are your favorite shows/episodes?