Thank you to Shaz @ Shaz Reads for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Please go check out her blog!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you’d like to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them, providing a link to the post you’ve created. (Please make sure you do this step! Otherwise they won’t know you’ve tagged them until they check the referral portion of their stats.)
How my blog started:
Back in early 2013, I was coming off a three year stint as the chairperson for a major school fundraiser and I was the matron of honor at my sisters wedding, where I did quite a bit of planning and helping her prep for her wedding. Once those were over, I was kind of bored, so I decide to start writing about the books I liked. I never imagined it would be read by anyone, but here I am. I love our blogging community and finding new things to read and new shows to watch:)
Advice for new bloggers:
- Proofread your posts. I type pretty fast, but not very accurately, and I find that I’ve forgotten words or phrases when typing. There is nothing more embarrassing than reviewing a book and saying it had grammatical issues and having them in your own post!
- Look at other blogs for inspiration. I’ve found a lot of inspiration and great ideas from the blogs I follow. I’ve found many of the memes I participate in that way, and that’s how I became a part of the PR side, where I can participate in cover reveals, reviews, etc. I love getting the emails from the PR sites with new opportunities.
I nominate the following bloggers:) Please check out their blogs.
Jay @ This is My Truth Now
Carrie @ Reading is My Superpower
Dez @ The Fun in Reading Books
Kay @ Kay Daniels Romance
Julia & Britt @ The Red Hatter Book Blog
And anyone else who would like to participate!